Friday, November 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

I had an amazing 21st Birthday in China celebrating with all my amazing friends on the trip. I also loved all the Birthday wishes and cards I recieved from home!
The day kicked off with half our group pulling themselves out of bed and stubbling into my room for mid- day mimosas--China style-very sweet orange juice and barely alcoholic sparking wine. I then preceeded to get ready for the day before a few of the girls and I headed out to get our hair and make up done. We found this great little hole in the wall place that did our hair and make up for only 20 yuan (a mere $3USD)! Of course it was all in the bright eye shadow, thick eye liner china style, but we all looked fabulous regardless. We then headed back to the dorm where we all applied temporary tattoos, got dressed, and met up with the rest of the group to go to dinner.

We went to dinner at what I like to refer to as the "Rain Forest Cafe" of China. It is a giant fun, lively, Chinese chain. From the minute we walked into the restuarant I knew it would be a fun night as I observed the giant fake trees covering the ceiling and the singing and dancing staff. Before our food arrived there was a small Birthday cake (my first of 3 I recieved throughout the weekend-shown below) on the table and the singing and dancing moved over to our table. They pulled me up and sang "Happy Birthday" to me in both chinese and english (see video) and then perceeded to get the whole group up and dancing around the restuarant. They played american pop songs on their guitars and drums as we fearlessly danced. They even brought out a bar to do the limbo with. It was a fabulous dinner


After dinner some of the group decided to carry on the dancing at some local dance clubs near our dorm and danced the night away!
It was a fabulous birthday in China and I couldn't have asked for more! Thanks to everyone who helped make my special day really special!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: